Intelligent Speed Reading Online Seminar 18th July 2018 - 10am
£15 STUDENT AND CONCESSIONARY PRICE
This seminar is designed to show you how to read large amounts of material in a way that is compatible with how your brain works and at speeds of up to one thousand words per minute (five times faster than average). It will go beyond mere ‘speed reading’ techniques and demonstrate an overall view of reading that will enable participants to approach any reading they do in the knowledge that they will be able to complete it quickly and effectively while getting all that they need to out of it.
Course materials are included as well as a complimentary copy of our e-book Speed Reading.
The seminar will include: -
• An overview of the various cognitive stages of reading
• An outline of potential reading speeds, limitations, practicalities and pitfalls
• An assessment of your current reading speeds - setting a baseline
• Analysing and controlling your eye movement while reading
• Demonstrating eye movement during high speed reading
• Techniques for reading at one thousand words per minute
• Acclimatising the brain to read at high speeds
• Understanding vocalisation, sub-vocalisation and visual reading
• A detailed and structured practice regime
• An introduction to the psychology of intelligent reading and note taking
• Various approaches to mastering large amounts of material in short amounts of time, including an understanding of priming, information hierarchies and categories, redundancy of language, non-linear reading and the importance of motivation
• The importance of being in and maintaining the correct state of mind for mental performance
10am (UK time) on 18th July 2018
Length - 2.5 hours.
Seminar is conducted via Skype in English.
This seminar is open to anyone. Attendance is limited to 20 people.