Introduction to Mind Maps Online Seminar 25th July 2018 - 8pm
£15 STUDENT AND CONCESSIONARY PRICE
This seminar will introduce you to mind maps, show you what they are, why they work and how to use them in a number of different areas such as for note taking, as a memory aid, for generating new ideas and creativity, and for preparing written work and presentations. During the seminar you will complete at least three mind maps of increasing complexity on different subjects and on completion you will have all the information you need to use them yourself and a practice plan to help you establish their use as an ongoing habit.
Course materials are included as well as a complimentary copy of our e-book Mind Maps.
The seminar will include: -
• An introduction to the structure of the brain
• How mind maps aim to mirror brain structure on paper
• How mind maps can be more efficient than ‘traditional’ linear notes
• Investigating the concept of association as the basis for creative mind maps
• Using mind maps for presentations
• Key words: how they focus note-taking on relevant issues
• The hierarchical mind and how this is reflected in your mind maps
• Using mind maps to explore memories
• Introducing ‘right-brain’ skills such as colour and imagery into your mind maps
• Your first three mind maps
• How to incorporate mind maps into your work and life
• How to use mind maps to take notes in a way that maximises understanding and recall
• How to use mind maps to plan presentations, speeches, etc.
8pm (UK time) on 25th July 2018
Length - 2.5 hours.
Seminar is conducted via Skype in English. This seminar is open to anyone.
Attendance is limited to 20 people.